CSCS Labourer Card including ETA Awards Online Level 1 Health & Safety in Construction
This course will take you through DGC Training’s online Health & Safety Level 1 in a Construction Environment Course and the ETA Awards invigilated online Level 1 H&S Construction Exam and then onto the CSCS Health Safety & Environment Test for Operatives completing with the provision of the CSCS Labourer Card.
- Candidate is emailed login details and completes the Online Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course
- If a pass is achieved the candidate is issued with an approved certificate
- Candidate logs into the exam page on their E-Learning Portal and are asked to fill out an exam registration form and for a 2-week window for when they can sit the exam. The system will not allow them to choose a date sooner than 72 hours.
- After the 72 hours, instructions are emailed to the candidate to set up the proctor online recording system. They are required to use Google Chrome and a web camera and microphone to do this. The email will come from proctor exam. Depending on the candidates email settings they may need to check their junk folder if they do not receive it.
- Once set up another email from proctor exam will be sent to the candidate to log into the exam. When the candidate clicks the link the proctor system will make a final check of their system to ensure nothing has changed and then begin recording. The system will display instructions and a link the candidate needs to click to begin the exam. When they click the exam link the candidate then needs to use the same login id and password that they used to access the course.
- The candidate then proceeds to answer the questions in the exam. During the exam, the candidate is required to ensure they have a stable internet connection if it drops out it will result in an automatic fail.
- Once the candidate has completed the exam they can then close the exam tab and recording tab.
- Recordings will be sent for invigilation and marking.
- If any cheating is observed the distributor will be informed and the candidate will be banned from sitting the exam.
- If a candidate fails, we (DGC) will be in touch to discuss options.
- If a pass is achieved the record is uploaded to ETA awards on a Friday afternoon, ETA awards will automatically email a certificate to the candidate 24 working hours later. If the candidate has not received an email with a certificate after this time frame, please contact DGC.
- Once a pass is achieved, DGC will get in touch to discuss your Operatives Test. Prior to booking this test we will require candidates to you study the official material for at least one week. Candidates can do this by downloading the official app (£5.99) or requesting a book to be sent out to them. Any candidate who downloads the official app, can submit their official receipt to claim this cost back from DGC as learning materials are included in the price of their training. Please note, we can only refund money when presented with the actual receipt. Photos or snapshots are not permitted.
- Operatives Test’s are taken at the candidate’s local Pearson Vue testing centre. Please note that due to the current situation with Covid-19, test centres in Scotland are extremely busy, and tests may take slightly longer to get booked in.
- Upon successful completion of Operatives Test, DGC will apply for the candidates Green Labourer’s Card.
Please note when you use this route to obtain your green card, you will need to redo both the ETA Award Level 1 and the Operatives test in 5 years time when you wish to renew your card.
Minimum Candidate Specifications
- Google Chrome web browser
- Photo ID
- No external devices can be used
- No other tabs open on the computer
- No one else in the room at the time of the exam
- No written notes
- No Eating, Drinking (other than water) or Smoking.