First Aid at Work
- First Aid at Work at SCQF level 6 (customer site only) – (3 day course)
- Emergency First Aid at Work at SCQF level 6 – (1 day course)
These National Work based qualifications have been designed to provide an accredited and certificated award which will equip individuals with the skills and knowledge required to deal with a range of Emergencies requiring first aid in the workplace.
Not sure which course your employees require – click here to go to the HSE website for further information
- Understand the role and responsibilities of an emergency first aider.
- Know how to assess an incident.
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
- Manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Understand how to manage a casualty with a minor injury.
Appointed Person – First Aid Training
SQA Emergency First aid at work SCQF Level 6
First Aid Training Learning Outcomes
Understanding the role of the First Aider including:
- The importance of preventing cross infection.
- The need for recording incidents and actions.
- Use of available equipment.
Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency. Administering First Aid to a casualty who is:
- Unconscious (including seizure).
- Wounded and bleeding.
- Suffering from shock.
Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Providing appropriate First Aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Other First Aid courses available:
- Health & Safety at Work First Aid Five Day Course.
- Health & Safety Refresher First Aid Two Day Course.
- Anaphlaxis Awareness.
- Emergency Resuscitation.
For more information or booking please call 01698 230 200 or via our Contact page.