The Manual Handling Operations (MHOR) 1992 legislates that every employer has a duty to reduce the potential injury for staff from manual handling operations. Therefore adequate manual handling training for staff is required.
Our course is designed to meet these requirements and will cover the following course content:
- Legal duties and regulations relating to MHOR 1992.
- The financial and health cost to both the employee and the employer of injury caused by incorrect manual handling.
- An explanation of the medical and physical damage that can be caused through incorrect manual handling.
- Solutions and alternatives to typical manual handling.
- Types of back injury including case studies.
- Lifting and handling risk factors.
- Techniques for correct handlings and lifting.
- Push and pulling risk factors.
- Recording assessments.
This is a half day course with a maximum of 8 candidates.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a certificate of attendance and copy training records.
This course can also be completed as part of our Warehouse Operatives course