73 Meadow Road
Tel: 01698 230200
The New Individual Training Account (ITA) Re-opens 15 April
Receive up to £200 towards a single course or training episode per year.
You may be eligible for ITA funding if you are:
- 16 or over, not in education or involved in any other SDS funded programme
- Unemployed and looking to get back into work
- Employed in a low-income job and looking to progress in your career
- Resident in Scotland
How to apply
You search for ITA courses and apply online via the MY WORLD OF WORK website. You will need a valid email address and your National Insurance number to hand.
Once you’ve applied for funding, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to book your course. To book a place, you’ll need to prove your income. SDS will send details of the documents you can use, in your confirmation email.
You’ll have four weeks from the time your application is successful to make a booking.
Summary of the Process with DGC
- Search for an ITA approved course – quick link to our courses can be found here
- Apply online for funding
- Receive confirmation email from SDS and Next Steps email from DGC
- Verify your income (details on NEXT STEPS email) by email, post or in centre.
- If you have any balance to pay, a pro forma will be supplied.
- Training dates are agreed once verification completed (and payment made, if relevant)
Employment and training initiatives – North Lanarkshire
If you live in North Lanarkshire and are currently not working then North Lanarkshire’s Working can help. click here: