73 Meadow Road
Tel: 01698 230200
The New Individual Training Account (ITA) is here.
You could receive up to £200 towards a single course or training episode per year.
You may be eligible for ITA funding if you are:
- 16 or over, not in education or involved in any other SDS funded programme
- Unemployed and looking to get back into work
- Employed in a low-income job and looking to progress in your career
- Resident in Scotland
How to apply
You search for ITA courses and apply online via the MY WORLD OF WORK website. You will need a valid email address and your National Insurance number to hand.
Once you’ve applied for funding, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to book your course. To book a place, you’ll need to prove your income. SDS will send details of the documents you can use, in your confirmation email.
You’ll have eight weeks from the time your application is successful to make a booking.
Summary of the Process
- Search for an ITA approved course
- Apply online for funding
- Receive your confirmation
- Contact your training provider to verify your income and book your place
DGC have several courses loaded on the My World of Work website for Forklift, Power Pallet Truck and CSCS Green Labourer Card – other courses will be added once approved.
You can search for suitable courses on the My World of Work Website by clicking here.
Employment and training initiatives – North Lanarkshire
If you live in North Lanarkshire and are currently not working then North Lanarkshire’s Working can help. click here: